Ten Tors 2007
- Ten Tors Teams' Charity Sponsorship
- Excerpt from the Contingent Commander's report - Ten Tors Summer 2010
- Ten Tors - Powerpoint show
- Ten Tors "A Moor detailed Tor" (of the event)! - Powerpoint show
- Ten Tors Photo Gallery
Over the past six years the cadets who have participated in the final Ten Tors event have got themselves sponsored to do it. This has acted both as an added incentive for them to achieve their goal (as if they need it!), as well as enabling others to share in their final success. So far they have raised £1000 every year with a new charity being the focus of their attention each time:
- 2005 M.V. Freedom (Sailing charity for the disabled based in Weymouth)
- 2006 Breast Cancer Breakthrough.
- 2007 Julia’s House (Dorset’s primary hospice for children).
- 2008 Mosaic (Dorset based family bereavement support charity).
- 2009 Youth Cancer Trust (Bournemouth based charity helping young people and their families cope cancer).
- 2010 STEPS [See the Ten Tors for STEPS article on the THS website] ( A small national charity supporting children affected by lower limb conditions such as clubfoot or a hip condition).
The total raised to date therefore is £6,000.00. A wonderful achievement by anyone’s standards.
Who will it be for 2010? Watch this space…..
Excerpt from the Contingent Commander's report - Summer 2010
Our Ten Tors teams were fairly successful this year with the 35 mile team completing and no fallouts, ensuring they gained individual medals and their team certificate. The 45 mile team voluntarily withdrew after being significantly delayed whilst dealing with a casualty (suspected appendicitis). Nevertheless they have reached their annual charity target of £1000 which this year is for ‘Steps’, a charity for children born with lower limb abnormalities. This makes a total of £6000 having been raised since 2004.
Photo Gallery - 15 Photographs